MMA Master Teacher Competition
This annual competition is held concurrently with the MMA Fall Educators Conference to recognize outstanding marketing educators of the year. Based on the written submissions, the top three will become finalists and will be presented with the MMA Teaching Excellence Award at the conference. Each of these three finalists will make a 15-minute presentation of their submission material to attendees and the judges.
The winner will be selected from the three finalists with all three recognized for their achievement during the MMA Fall Educators Conference. The winner will receive a $500 prize; the other two finalists will each receive a $250 prize.
Please see the Call for Submissions for deadline information.
2021 MMA Master Teacher Competition Call for Submissions: Download PDF
Prior Winners of the Master Teacher Award
- 2021: Vassillis Dalakas, Cal State University, San Marcos
- 2019: Jane Machin, Radford University
- 2018: Barbara Ross Wooldridge, University of Texas at Tyler
- 2017: Dawn Edmiston, College of William & Mary
- 2016: David Raska, Northern Kentucky University
- 2015: Chun-Chen (Liz) Wang, West Chester University of Pennsylvania
- 2014: Brian Vander Schee, Aurora University
- 2013: Lyle R. Wetsch, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada
- 2012: Michael Garver, Central Michigan University
- 2011: Theresa Clarke, James Madison University
- 2010: Molly Rapert, University of Arkansas
- 2009: William Rice, California State University – Fresno
- 2008: Ramon Avila, Ball State University
- 2007: Don Roy, Middle Tennessee State University
- 2006: Debbie McAlister, Texas State University
- 2005: Timothy Graeff, Middle Tennessee State University
- 2004: Jon Hawes, University of Akron (currently at Indiana State University)
- 2003: Steven Corbin, University of Northern Iowa