AxcessCapon Teaching Innovation Competition
This annual competition is held concurrently with the MMA Fall Educators’ Conference to recognize outstanding innovators in marketing education. Three finalists will be selected from the written submissions to present their teaching innovation at the conference. The winning innovation will be selected from the three presentations, with all three recognized at the Awards Luncheon. The top innovation will receive a $1,000 prize; the other two innovations will each receive a $250 prize.
The competition is open to all marketing instructors—full- and part-time, including doctoral students—from all types of academic institutions. The innovation, in its current form, must not have been previously published or recognized as a teaching competition winner. The process starts with the submission of a paper of up to eight pages describing the innovation. Click the Call for Submissions link below to download the instructions. Papers must be submitted electronically to the competition coordinator, Theresa B. Clarke TeachingInnovationComp@mmaglobal.org, by the end of Sunday, May 19, 2019. You are welcome to contact Theresa if you have questions about the competition or need assistance.
2019 AxcessCapon Teaching Innovation Competition Call for Submissions: Download PDF
Prior Winners of the Teaching Innovation Award
- 2018: Kai-Yu Wang, Brock University
- 2017: Elliott Manzon, University of Cincinnati
- 2016: Mark McConnell, University of Mount Union
- 2015: Scott Cowley, Arizona State University
- 2014: Katherine Jackson & Datha Damron-Martinez, Truman State University
- 2013: Vassilis Dalakas, California State University – San Marcos
- 2012: Ann Veeck, Western Michigan University
- 2011: Dawn Edmiston, St. Vincent College