Outstanding Teacher-Scholar Doctoral Student Competition
This annual competition is held concurrently with the MMA Fall Educators’ Conference to recognize doctoral students who excel in teaching and scholarship. Three finalists will be selected from the written submissions to give a teaching demonstration at the conference. The winner will be selected from the three finalists with all three recognized during the MMA Fall Educators Conference. The winner will receive a $500 prize; the other two finalists will each receive a $250 prize. Please see the Call for Submissions for deadline information.
2021 Outstanding Teacher-Scholar Doctoral Student Competition Call for Submissions: Download PDF
If you have any questions, please contact Lauren Beitelspacher, Competition Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Prior Winners of the Outstanding Doc Student Award
- 2021: Tyler Milfield, University of Tennessee
- 2019: April Kemp, University of South Alabama
- 2018: Kaeun Kim, University of Massachusetts
- 2017: Ashley Goreczny, Georgia State University
- 2016: Samer Sarofim, University of Kansas
- 2015: Nina Krey, Louisiana Tech University
- 2014: Sarah Roche, University of Texas – San Antonio
- 2013: Co-Winner: Adam Mills, Simon Fraser University, Canada
- 2013: Co-Winner: Philipp Rauschnabel, University of Bamberg, Germany
- 2012: Nelson Amaral, University of Minnesota
- 2011: Ahir Gopaldas, York University, Canada