Outstanding Teacher-Scholar Doctoral Student Competition
This annual competition is held concurrently with the MMA Fall Educators’ Conference to recognize doctoral students who excel in teaching and scholarship. Judges select three finalists based upon their written submissions. Each of the three finalists will give a teaching demonstration to attendees and the judges at the conference.
The winner will be selected from the three finalists with all three recognized during the MMA Fall Educators Conference. The winner will receive a $250 prize; the other two finalists will each receive a $100 prize.
Prior Winners of the Outstanding Doc Student Award
- 2021: Tyler Milfield, University of Tennessee
- 2019: April Kemp, University of South Alabama
- 2018: Kaeun Kim, University of Massachusetts
- 2017: Ashley Goreczny, Georgia State University
- 2016: Samer Sarofim, University of Kansas
- 2015: Nina Krey, Louisiana Tech University
- 2014: Sarah Roche, University of Texas – San Antonio
- 2013: Co-Winner: Adam Mills, Simon Fraser University, Canada
- 2013: Co-Winner: Philipp Rauschnabel, University of Bamberg, Germany
- 2012: Nelson Amaral, University of Minnesota
- 2011: Ahir Gopaldas, York University, Canada